Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rita Gave Me Courage...

Every day on my way from work, I walk by a fantastic kitchen store in downtown Seattle. This past month, they have been having their annual month long sale. One my third trip in, I bought a pasta maker. While in Alessandria, I spent many hours watching Rita make pasta and I decided it was time for me to take the plunge. Of course, I bought one just like hers.

Where Rita and I differ is that she did the traditional moat with eggs and then mixed the pasta by hand with a knife (here's a memory lane reminder).

I, however, used...
Posted by Picasa
my Cuisinart! It took about 40 seconds.
Ahhhh, Americans!

For my first pasta creation I decided to make two types: tagliatelle and ravioli. How would it turn out? Good I hope because we invited close friends for dinner and this is truly
an experiment for me....Yikes!



For the ravioli, I made a filling of cannelini beans, prosciutto,
goat cheese, scallion and fresh basil.

Of course I used the Cuisinart!
Posted by Picasa
I'm not a totally lazy person. Here is traditional kneading of the dough.
I love the feel and contact.

The maiden voyage of the ATLAS 150!
Whoaaaaaa!!! Nellie.....
Putting in the filling....
The cover up.


My first ever made ravioli....
Meanwhile, the real Miss Lazy Bones enjoys a beautiful day out doors.....

For the tagliatelle, I tossed it with garlic and olive oil and topped
with freshly made bread crumbs.


I made a mushroom sauce for the ravioli.
I also grilled a pork tenderloin.
Our good sport dinner guests--Peter, Toni, Deb, Amanda, and of course, Kim.
And little Miss Hermione just kept being herself all the many hours.
Posted by Picasa
Thank you Italian Atlas Company.
Thank you Cuisinart Company.
Thank you good friends.
AND, Thank you Rita for all you taught me!

2 comments:

Steven Levery said...

And thank you for putting it all in your blog. Nice job!

Louise at Abbastanza Buono said...

Now I can hardly wait to get back to Italy. Buon appetito!