Friday, May 27, 2011

Any Age, It's a Milestone....

I am in New Mexico visiting for an event that I cannot currently divulge...but, what I can say is that an Auntie treat was to attend nephew Quintin's sixth grade graduation:

Quentin, in the blue shirt received several acknowledgements.


He receives congratulations...
One award was to acknowledge his uniqueness and perseverance--he is a role model and this button has the Presidential Seal....

A Proud Young Man....


A proud mom takes a special moment....
Then, they had cake!
And then, they didn't....

Many happy parents celebrating what I know, some of you may think is a little lame event.  I had initially thought that...My mind was changed as the methaphor of learning to ride a bike was discussed in terms of their transition (the training wheels have come off and there are bumps but also exhilaration).  Then, there was a really nice video with pictures and music...it was totally sweet.  And, most importantly, Quintin was so proud.
I have to say, I too am proud.  Well done young man!

No comments: