Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Locals....


While walking back home the other day, Kim and I spied these two walking down the street. Rita came by today and we were showing her pictures of Alessandria's Carnevale. She saw this picture and laughed, telling us that they are two sisters. They're retired school teachers and during Catholic mass they always talk during the service. People will "shush" them but they pay no mind and keep on talking....

Today is my birthday, and how, you may wonder, did I spend it? Well, I spent my 56th birthday in Alessandria, Italy!! The day began with coffee and cookies--a game of Cribbage and Hollywood. For those of you keeping track, I lead in Cribbage, 135 to Kim's 75. In Hollywood, Kim leads 325 to my 225...
Then, we were off to the gym and did a water aerobics class. The afternoon has been spent reading and doing a bit of laundry. Tonight we are going to dinner--our first time out in quite some time. We're going to a restaurant that we've passed a number of times as we go back and forth to the train station. It's listed as, "Il Messicano, Tex Mex" and you should be able to figure that out. It seems to have a strong Argentinian meat menu and lots of other hopeful offerings. I will try to blog on it later; I hope I remember the camera...I can't wait until 8PM when it opens!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buon compleanno, Rachel, e buon appetito!

Louise e Domenic