Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life's Majesty....

My friend Jill recently was in the Detroit area visiting her father. They have a home by a lake and before she flew back to Seattle, she took a walk.

From Michigan to northern New Mexico. I am in the process of selling our family home in Los Alamos. Our Realtor sent me these pictures of recent backyard visitors....
My sister Gloria was also visiting and her visit coincided with this beauty...
Posted by Picasa
The selling of my parent's home has evoked many feelings and memories in me. Many years ago when I was in high school, I awoke in the middle of the night to a "clomp, clomp, clomp sound". I moved the curtain on my back door window and found myself face to face with a very grand buck. It was knocking his hooves against the cement step, knocking away the snow. We had eye contact for about 1o seconds before he turned and sauntered away. What a memory!

Posted by Picasa
It's been difficult for me to go through this process of selling my family home; we already have a solid offer....I'm thinking that these majestic beauties are here to tell me that they'll keep an eye on things....

No comments: