Saturday, November 21, 2009

Only In Seattle....

Only in Seattle will we have window washers washing windows on VERY rainy, windy days. As I walked out of one of my buildings, I saw the AID cars leaving....
He fell 8 stories but his rope broke the impact. The AID car folks said he was very lucky.
Televisions cameras were all over. At one point a camera man put his lens in my face asking me if I'd seen the fall...."No, sorry" was my answer.
Hooray, he is going to be okay...I don't know what kind of wake up call he received.
Posted by Picasa
As I mentioned, it's been very rainy here in Seattle. I enjoy walking the streets in the wind and the rain. But, I am aware that if I were homeless, I probably wouldn't like this weather.....
Back at our office we are getting ready to have a Thanksgiving dinner for our clients. When I came downstairs to file some paper work I was greeted by this sight.....
We're all pitching in as staff. I'm going to help carve these on Monday and on Tuesday I will bring cranberries for 45 people.
Posted by Picasa

Stay tuned. I like this job and the diversity of activities!

2 comments:

sandy said...

Rachel, I continue to be fascinated by your writing and photos. I keep wondering if any publishers have contacted you yet. Would love to have you and Kim over for dinner. Going to Italy in the Fall. Sandy (friend of Susan and Lynn)

La vita Alessandria said...

Sandy: Thanks for the total compliment....No publishers have contacted me! I can't imagine...I'm very happy you're enjoying the blog; I have fun doing it and it's a part of me that's new to me in the past couple of years...
Italy in the Fall. SIGH. Yes, we'd love to talk with you and have you make us dinner!!
Best, Rachel