Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Busy August, 2010....

Have I mentioned that I have a cousin who lives in Seattle? She's my cousin Kim and her father, my Uncle Gil, is the reason I became a social worker. I don't have a picture of Cousin Kim to show you...I'll have to work on it.
This is Aunt JoAnn, Gil's wife--she's always so full of enthusiasm and encouragement. As a child, I was always glad when Gil and JoAnn were around.
Visiting made me miss all my other aunts and uncles--and my parents.
Kim and I decided to go north to Vancouver, Canada. We have always enjoyed Vancouver--it's such a great, international city. It's our first time out of the country since we returned from Italy...sigh.
Posted by Picasa
OHHHHH, Canada, I sing my praise to yooooooo......
English Bay where balancing rocks has become a symbol for the city. There's an amazing walk along the bay at Stanley Park; we never tire walking the trail.
On our return, this had totally dissipated...it was really interesting close up and made lots of patterns...is it pretty caca? I don't know.
This is Siwash Rock. The Indian legend tells us that a man was turned into this immortal rock as a reward for his unselfishness....We never know from whence our rewards shall come.
Posted by Picasa
Beautiful impatiences....
We went to the Vancouver Art Museum where they were having a very good exhibit of art from the Musee D'Orsay from Paris. (Thanks to Kim for the spelling and reminder....)
It was a weekend of NW coastal art as well.
I am guessing that this hole helps the totem stand.
Posted by Picasa
We found ourselves at a salmon hatchery near the motel where we stayed...what a great find. We took a really nice hike.

Nature's natural totem.
A little elf house; no one was home that we could see....
Posted by Picasa
A good fishing hole. Can you hear the rushing water?
Finished products....
This guy (in orange) was not having a good day. The Canadian police were examining his boat. A few minutes later they brought in a sniffing dog. Can you guess why?
Home again. A meeeerica, A meeeerica.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: