Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Four Months And Not Wanting To Count...

 
Posted by Picasa


October 14, 2008

Today marks our four month anniversary in Alessandria. It's been the best of journeys so far and I can't really think of any disappointing events. I continue to be amazed that we are here and relish each day, wondering what it will bring. As I write these words I wonder to myself what stops me from feeling this way about ALL of my life? Do the structural confines of employment circumvent this feeling of wonder or is the challenge to find it despite the surroundings or "responsibility requirements"? Whatever it is, I am grateful for where I am right now.

In four months we've begun to develop some nice friendships and already I glimpse the edges of the veil of goodbyes. But, that is not staying in the moment and so I should concentrate on the most present of our time--our latest festival which we attended this past weekend. It was another adventure in that it was the first time we've ridden local buses--we discovered that we could only take a specific bus to find our way home--I was sure we would never be seen again, and we discovered that Alessandria is bigger than we thought and we're not at the "drop us anywhere and we'll find our way home" place. Sorry about the sentence but it was a long afternoon!

No comments: