Thursday, October 30, 2008

Keeping Informed....




Posted by Picasa


Happy Halloween!

This morning, I was up a little earlier than usual and I was reminded of a news feature on one of the stations. (It's the first time I've turned on the television since Rex disappeared.) It's a gentleman who reads articles from all the various papers around the country and then gives a little discourse on the article. He caught my attention when he was pointing to an article entitled, "Drogge strette sul methadone". It sounded as though the Italians might be using methadone for heroin addiction but that was all I could gather at the moment... Anyway, even if his program isn't particularly useful to this pretty ignorant American, non-speaker of Italian, I am sure that the rest of the country is grateful and it certainly saves on multiple subscription fees.

Tomorrow is All Saint's Day and also, The Day of the Dead; it is a big holiday in Italy. I'm not sure how it will manifest but I'm thinking a walk around the area to the various churches is called for and also a trip to the cemetery. I also believe that this means there will be intensive Friday shopping to replace Saturday market. I anticipate that it will be very busy as everything will be closed for the entire weekend. This time, we will not be caught unprepared!

No comments: