Monday, October 20, 2008

Chestnuts roasting....

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


October 19, 2008

Another weekend festival, this time to celebrate autumn, chestnuts and warmed wine. It was pretty small and we stayed only long enough to try the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." and a small glass of the wine. I had my first ever in life chestnut, and it will suffice. I didn't like it at all and thus I have learned a new thing about myself.

I should add a PS to let readers know that on Tuesday morning, we head out to the Italian Riviera just along the border next to France. We're going to San Remo and other little towns nearby. We return late Friday so we'll (let's be honest here, I will) be posting upon our return next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Rachel,
Must have been the weekend of chestnut festivals in Italy. I know there were about half a dozen in our vicinity not including the informal one in our village. I agree with you about roasted chestnuts but do try the boiled ones as well as the necci--chestnut crepes. I was really surprised but both of those were delicious. We are looking forward to seeing you on the 6th. I have been terrible keeping up on email. Have fun on the Italian Riviera!
Louise