Friday, December 19, 2008

Games, Games, & More Games!

I am writing this on my 9th day of illness...which pisses me off so much I can't tell you! I want to be enjoying my Holiday Season in Italy, not lying in bed looking at the 4 walls of my bedroom (yes I AM in Italy but still!). Having lots of time to dwell on many stupid things, I realized that we have neglected to inform you of our progress in both Cribbage and in Hollywood Gin. (We have also added a third game to our game repertoire- Bananas- that our good friend Deb so kindly gave us when Rachel was last in Seattle. We have not kept a tally of our Bananas scores but so far I believe Rachel has only won once- yes, only one time- out of many!)

The current score for Cribbage which we play each and every morning, in sickness and in health is:
Rachel-99, Kim- 62
This is pathetic on my part and I resort to all kinds of hexes, threats, and most recently, a note. (Rachel said she was a "visual" person and couldn't "hear" my threats and fervent desire for her TO LOSE...) So this was my answer to that but she refused to look. Then I had the idea of placing it on my forehead tucked under my glasses so at some point she would have to see it.

 
Posted by Picasa

She finally saw it after I forced my head into her line of vision but damn her, she still won. (I would not allow her to photograph that but you get the idea)


So forget Cribbage, Hollywood is MY game (oh and of course "Bananas" now, too). But sometimes she gets a little too close for comfort, hence the flip side of my note:

 
Posted by Picasa

In Hollywood the score is KIM- 232; Rachel- only a piddly 158 which if you do the math just proves that Rachel is really the BIG GAME LOSER! Ha Ha Ha.

2 comments:

Joe said...

That's funny. I've linked to your post at Cribbaholics Unanimous.

Cheers,
joe

La vita Alessandria said...

Wow, I never knew there was such a group! That's great!
Rachel