Monday, May 4, 2009

Hot Italian Men, Sunday Dinner and Travel Details...

It's May. It's been warm and sunny. Our neighbors across the courtyard are, apparently, 5 men who are students attending nursing school. I peaked through our window covering and made this shot that I will always treasure.
Bea, Kim's friend from book club is here visiting. I made Sunday dinner and we invited Rita. The menu was enchiladas, frijoles, and Spanish rice. Rita has never had either dish. I bought the corn tortillas at the US commissary base in Landstuhl. Lynn and Susan brought over Hatch green chilis (the BEST in the universe) and so I was ready to impress Rita.
Rita brought (and made!) this beautiful torta.
There's Rita talking to Kim and friend, Bea, about women's employment and family issues following WWII
Posted by Picasa
Here's Rita's beautiful balcony--a delight to view each day.
Later, we walked to the train station because Bea will be traveling to Turin and the Cinque Terre while Kim and I will head out to Barcelona.
Kim teaches Bea how to read the train schedule "just in case something goes wrong".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: