Monday, April 19, 2010

Doors...

In my daily wanderings I encounter many doors and they are a great place to learn about who's behind the closed door. I find that many people like to decorate or put messages on them. The following are just but a few of what I encountered just today...

Technically, this really isn't a door but when I saw it from a distance, I thought it was a door.
I would never dare to park here!
This was at one of the housing buildings that I go to...It's a bit fuzzy due to my attempt to be surreptitious. The top writing reads, "Me myself and I are..." I didn't knock.
Housing inspections are a big part of my clients' lives. Another issue are bed bugs and they can be a real problem in these buildings. It's not just where the poor live but bed bugs are everywhere, even in the fanciest of hotels. As staff, we are always being trained on bed bug prevention protocols, as in how not to bring them home. Just a little warning to those of you who may like to shop at thrift stores for whatever delights you might find: it's not uncommon to bring home the little nuclear survivors--just a little warning & prevention tip.

The sign on the left reads: "Bug man's coming Wednesday, 4/7."
Here's a door of an instructor at my local community college. I like the advice.
Posted by Picasa
And another....
Some folks prefer to keep their doors pristine and just put their messages nearby....
I cannot speak to the chop sticks message.
This is one of my favorites. Remember Mr. Mexican Mafia guy from a few blogs back? Well, this is his door. He's working on trying to get clean. People knocking on doors is a real issue in the buildings and I hear many complaints about the phenomena. What do they want? Often money, drugs, and yes, sometimes just a cup of sugar. His message does cover a broad spectrum.
Posted by Picasa

And speaking of cups of sugar. Today as I was doing my rounds, I knocked on a woman's door. She greeted me warmly dressed in a very open, slinky robe. She invited me in and as I stepped over the threshold my eyes locked with a buck naked gentleman looking a bit panicked.

Me: Ohhh. I'm pretty sure I've come at an inconvenient time.
She: Oh, no, that's okay come on in.
Me: Ummm, no, I'll come back another time.
She: No really, it's okay.
Me: No, I'll see you another time. This is bad timing.
He: Do ya think??

One never knows what's behind those doors. She had no sign.

No comments: