Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sister Wendy Speaks....Reunions....

Some of you may know that Rachel is a very big cat lover. One tiny challenge for her over the last year was not being with Kim and Rachel's silly little cat named Hermione. Yes! The astute reader will know that our feline friend was named after the lead female character from the famous Harry Potter series. (I must add, what a book and series that was! We read it aloud to one another and it was a wonderful family bonding event. I know there's been some worries and criticism that "Satan" is behind the series--what with witches and magic and all, but I can totally reassure you that it is just not so! Let's not forget our Father's sense of humor and giving us such wonderful brains that create such "magical" fantasies. Ahhh, but I digress). Rachel was so excited to be reunited with Hermione (who is aka as, Her Royal Highness, HRH). HRH did show her happiness as well with some very heart felt purrrrring.
Rachel and little Hermione.
Later, the girls' adventure led them to a birthday party with a Mexican theme. Friend, Bernice was celebrating her 56th birthday. Ole'!!
The food was stunning and wonderful. The girls talked about how in Italy, despite the famous and wonderful Italian cuisine, they did have moments of craving Mexican food. AND, birthday girl Bernice made a killer chicken mole of which Rachel must get the recipe.
Oh my, I had my own reunion with dear friend Buschkaka. We stayed up all night swapping stories and sharing our "sisterly" adventures over the last year. She is quite the cook as you can imagine and she made the lovely carrot salad you see above. I am glad to see that she's paying attention to her roughage needs and swears it's her secret for keeping her "regular".
Posted by Picasa
Well, my dears, please keep us in your hearts and prayers as Rachel and I travel to NM this afternoon. Rachel will be reuniting with her sisters and attending to some legal and estate issues from her beloved parents' home. Not always the easiest of activities but we shall not shed a tear because she did have such a lovely vacation and I do believe this qualifies as, perhaps, another vacation.
Posted by Picasa

I look with enthusiasm to being back in the southwest. My, it is known as "God's Country" and I must tell you it's true. Just wait until you see my future posts where we will learn about "the land that was once under the sea"... My rosary beads keep clanking with excitement.
Stay tuned. And a big Amen! to us all. sw
PS: Do follow Buschkaka's advice and eat your carrots!

1 comment:

sandy said...

WELCOME HOME, GIRLS!! It's good to have you back in beautiful Seattle and I look forward to your special observations and thoughts as you move on and incorporate the extraordinary experience you've had! Thank you for sharing it with everyone through the blog. Keep writing and photographing! And do look into putting it all in a book!