Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Friends and Family Come Together....

This past week became time to come together to formally bid farewell, speak our remembrances, and cry our tears over the loss of Ken Ross. It's losses such as this that led Kim and me to go to Italy and now that we are back, we once again confront the losses that sent us away. So, as the old saying goes, "wherever you go, there you are"....Try as I might, it's time to really confront the loss of Ken's departure.

These memorials are for us, the living, to grapple with the unfathomable and to take in the inevitable. A good way to do this is through the company of great friends, great food and great music. Partner, John, put on a wonderful memorial that with such attention to detail reflected his love for Ken and paid tribute to both Ken and his family.

Ken Ross. June 1, 1951 - January 28, 2008
Music to comfort and soothe.
Ken called John, "John Boy" and John called Ken, "Kennyboy"

Posted by Picasa
Friends remember.


So how do we cope?
Posted by Picasa
We cry and force ourselves to smile.
A friend tries to take it all in...
A Mother wonders and ponders....

A sister works on coming to terms...

Your departure has wounded your little brother....
Posted by Picasa
"Why"? seemed so close to everyone's lips.
Posted by Picasa
A saddened family remains solid, forcing a smile to carry on because "he'd want them to".
But maybe they just don't want to right now.
Ken's family via John; nephew, Shane.
John and niece, Jessica.
And Monkey.
Posted by Picasa
Flowers comfort our senses...
Food our souls.


Posted by Picasa
John's garden is a living, ongoing tribute to you....
Ken, you are remembered with symbols...
Tabasco Sauce will never again be shaken without thinking of you.
A hand of??? God? Strength? You were always lending your hand.
I could count on you.
Now I can't even have a simple cup of coffee without missing you.

Where are you?

Why did you have to go!!!???


Posted by Picasa
The book isn't large enough. Can I carry it around with me because I think of you about every 20 seconds? I called you "Big Brother" and meant it. I think that always surprised you and perhaps even made you feel a little nervous. Too bad; your fault. That's who you became to me.
"I will always love you". (Dolly Parton--I'm sure you hated her music. Deal with it).

No comments: