Monday, August 3, 2009

420 Days....



After 420 days of unemployment, tomorrow, Tuesday August 04, 2009, I begin a new job. It's been quite the ride and such a terrific opportunity. I'm grateful for the new job and grateful for not having had a job for all those days.

My new job entails working for Evergreen Treatment Services, the same agency I worked for prior to going to Italy. I'd worked at ETS for 16 years doing acupuncture within a multi-disciplinary treatment team. My new job on the HHOT Team (Health Housing Outreach Team) will involve my social work and substance abuse treatment skills. I will continue doing private acupuncture out of my home office but to a lesser degree than I did prior to going to Italy.

While in Italy I visualized having a job where I didn't need a car and had flexibility within my work week. This job gives me these two wishes. I'll be riding the bus a lot and hopefully Kim and I won't need a second car--our efforts toward aiding the "green movement". Also, dress is casual and that's a really big gift!

Already, while riding the bus to my interviews I am overhearing "the darnedest things"! (Sorry Mr. Linkletter!) A young man got on the bus, talking a mile a minute to a companion who barely uttered a responsive word:

Mr Talker: "Like the other night, I did this improv at the such and such club, you know? And like, I was completely naked; Yup, stark naked. And let me tell you, doing improv naked is not as easy as you might think..."

Thank you, thank you. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Congratulations, Rachel! You and Kim are "doing it all" just the way you want. I can feel the world is saying "thank you, thank you!"

Love you both,
Sharon