Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday in Seattle....

I'm getting pretty good at working my way around Seattle on our bus system. This is where I get off to walk to Wednesday morning psychiatric consultation meetings at Evergreen. Depending upon the time of year, the art work varies.
Our new light rail system goes right by here. I haven't ridden it yet; I've stuck to the buses.
This was done by high school students --an "artwork empowers youth project."
A city view, looking north.
Posted by Picasa
These are some of my client's favorite things...
For some reason, I passed individual shoes; never saw their mates.

This is Evergreen Treatment Services,one of Seattle's methadone maintenance clinics and my home away from home for 16 years. Now I go on Wednesdays for weekly psychiatric consultation meetings. It's always good to see old colleagues and many of the patients I used to work with. They've been quite sweet and show lots of excitement when they see me. I see them at Evergreen, I see them downtown, I see them on buses and sometimes in stores. Once, while in a grocery store I heard someone call across the store:
"Hey, acupuncture lady! Remember me? I met you at the prison in Spokane...."
To the right of Evergreen, they are building a shopping complex with condominiums. Every time I walk by I smile because I wonder if potential buyers know who their colorful neighbors will be. It will be interesting at least because there's never a dull moment at Evergreen Monday through Saturday mornings from 6AM - 11AM.
This poem was on the table of the room where we have consultation.

Back at another of my main bus stops everyday around 7:30AM this woman is always standing here. She never looks around and just stands in the same spot,
barely moving and quietly looking north. When I return later during the day, she's always gone.

This is the Mexican Embassy and it's right across the street from my office. Every morning there are long lines waiting for it to open.
Westlake Mall fountain in downtown Seattle on Pine between 3rd and 4th Avenues.
Posted by Picasa


Mall locals.
One of the high end stores that creates a contrast between the "locals" and shoppers.
Posted by Picasa

A block away, someone searches for dinner.
Even I would have to duck to enter this little doorway.
Heading home on a different bus route I pass a major Seattle landmark.
Posted by Picasa
Good to know!
Posted by Picasa
Bye, bye. It's my weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: