Monday, June 16, 2008

Soon to have a home...

Jet lag continues to be a factor but we are slowly improving...some recent observations: everything (except the churches) are smaller here. For example elevators and showers. Elevators are no bigger that 3'x 3' and the showers, about 24" x 24". That has me contemplating size and how used to super sizing life I am...It has not been fun trying to cram our 5 suitcases into the tiny elevators. But, the elevators are not tiny, it's just that we have too much STUFF!

Anyway, today we found an apartment and tomorrow we go and sign up with the police/authorities so that we can enter into a contract (lease) and get phone service, etc. It will take approximately 10 days to get phone service to which, hopefully, internet service will also be attached.

Kim seems happier with Alessandria. We both awoke at midnight last night, thinking it was at least 4AM...we played Cribbage (she won) and talked about our journey and just how we got here....in the literal as well as wooo wooo, guided here sense. She has continued to ask "is this the right place?" and I have only been able to answer that I can't answer that question. To me it's like she's asking "what is the meaning of life or is there really a god...?" I don't know. But, we do agree that we are going to make of go of it given that we do have this legal date with the authorities pending...

Fatigue has hit and back to the covers I go. It's 6:11AM on Monday in Seattle; Yikes, I'll bet that the Ommmmm CD at Evergreen Treatment Services is going full blast!

3 comments:

asargent said...

Okay, I LOVE reading your blog. So far in Rachaels voice but I love the whole thing, all the thoughts, all the worries all the questions all the cribbage in the middle of the night. I don't know if you "deserve" to be there having that year but is that really a relevant question? Do we deserve to eat cake? o, we eat cake because we like cake and sometimes we NEED cake.
I will look forward to hearing about all aspects of your cake.

Unknown said...

THANK you, THANK you for doing this blog. No matter where you go, there you are, eh? All your concerns and questions and fears and anticipation are all so......so, well, part of it all, eh?
You ARE on an adventure and I'm, again, thankful that you can share that with us.
Take this, my latest mantra from Eckart Tolle: When you become comfortable with uncertainty, endless possibilities will come to you.
xo-Kit

Unknown said...

OMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........
Indeed, that *WAS* the top tune @ Evergreen, that morning & probably every morning!
Interrupted at times, by patients asking, "Where's Rachel? Who're YOU?"