Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21, 2008


 
Posted by Picasa


Today is the first anniversary of my mother’s death. I find myself amazed at all that has transpired and changed in this last year. Never would I have imagined where I would be today.

This has been a year of milestones presented as, “firsts”. The first Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Mother’s day and birthday without her; given the number of holidays in the US, I could also add others. It has taken work and extra breath to get through them in a manner that reflects the loss but simultaneously enhances my own life bounty and experiences.

I must continue moving forward with each day, remembering to live the moment and strive openly toward my future. It’s easy to slip back to the past too much; I seek a good balance between both worlds. But, above all, I hope to be someone who finds gratitude in all events and the peace and courage to accept whatever comes my way.

No comments: