Friday, August 29, 2008

Basil






Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kim has had two dreams in which she has been told that our blogs are too long. So, to remedy this for now, here is a short blog about basil.

The picture above shows how we buy basil at the market and grocery stores. It comes rooted in soil and so I have potted it allowing me to have more on hand. (One can also buy it in just leaves without the roots but then I find it always goes bad too fast.) At home in Seattle, all summer, I have basil growing and take great delight in going outside and snipping what I need.

I have found that basil here is a tiny bit more of a delicate flower than Seattle basil. This basil reacts to the hotter weather and easily gets chewed upon by some type of bug. So, I put it outside for a few hours each day and bring it in at night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim's dreaming! I love the long blogs. Dream less, blog more! I'm seeing the previous couple of blogs as the foundation for a cross-cultural soap opera - The Foreign and the Innocent, or maybe The Innocent America. Nikki