Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can and Yes We Did!


November 5, 2008

Kim and I kept ourselves busy all day on the fourth. It poured rain all day and was dark and dreary. Periodically I'd check the internet for information about the voting process. Our anxiety was palpable. We set our alarm for 4AM which made it 7PM in Seattle and 10 PM on the East Coast. We were able to watch live on MSNBC and "were there" when at 5AM our time, our 44th President was announced. We were able to watch the jubilation in the streets across OUR nation. We are happy and encouraged beyond belief.

Today the rain has stopped and there are large patches of blue between the clouds. Tomorrow, Thursday, we leave for a week to visit Lucca and the Umbria area--Perugia, Assisi, and other towns. We'll write more when we can.

3 comments:

Zalman Paktorovics said...

It was real, wasn't it? At least as real as it gets in politics....

I set my alarm for 4:30 AM, but didn't manage to get out of bed until 5:30, by which time it was called and McCain had already given his (gracious I'm told) concession speech. I was able to enjoy Obama's victory speech. Very nice. Then I went back to bed for an hour, but I couldn't really sleep, cuz frankly I was a bit buzzed about the whole thing.

If you have time, I have more thoughts over at
http://ninetyfirstplace.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the moment, let's see what happens next.

Gwen said...

I've just been referred to your blog by Louise and am enjoying it a lot. My question - what kind of camera did you use to get the firework photo? It came out supberb!

La vita Alessandria said...

Hi Gwen: Thanks for your kind comments about our blog. And, would that it were so that we took this picture! A confession. This picture was downloaded from google images...whenever I can't find an image to fit what we're trying to say, or we don't have a picture, we'll utilize the internet images. We don't do it very often, but for things like the fireworks and all the question marks, we do. Rachel