Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Ready.....

Note the icicle hanging from his cap; it's COLD today, about 22F

Posted by Picasa


This morning Kim and I had errands to run which included a trip to the train station. It's cold and icy out and there still is a lot of snow in the parks. The pictures above show a park across from the train station here in Alessandria.

Kim leaves to the US on Friday and given her departure hour, we decided to buy the ticket now. Her train will head out toward Milan at 5AM. From there to the airport and a plane ride to Boston where she'll visit with Siegy for just short of a week. After Boston she heads to Seattle to spend a week with a friend who is quite ill....

I'll be staying alone in Alessandria for five days and then will make my own journey to Milan to catch a plane for Vienna where I'll visit with Jean and Shadow. Toward the end of the month, Jean and I will fly to Amsterdam where we'll meet up with Kim for a four day visit. After Amsterdam, Kim and I will head back to Italy and Jean to Vienna.

We're starting to gear up for more traveling; the winter doldrums seem to be past us and we're more aware of the clock ticking.... Our friends Lynn and Susan will be moving to Germany next week and Kim and I are hoping to to visit with them following a visit to Venice for Carnivale. Whew! Stay tuned.

No comments: