Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Cooking....

Since arriving in Vienna, Jean has chained me to her radiator and makes me cook all her meals. (She got the idea from a movie with Samuel Jackson called, "Black Snake Moan".) Last night she had to teach swimming lessons (that wörk thing again) and upon her late return home, we had our dinner. Earlier in the day while Jean was still sleeping and recovering from her over night shift, I took the subway to the huge market (I remembered how to get there from previous visits). It's called the Naschmart and is such a wonderful place to stroll and visit. It is so very different from the wonderful Italian markets in that it carries and has booths representing food and cuisines from all over the world. I bought some of the ingredients for one of my favorite Lebanese meals: Shish taouk, hummus, baba ghanouj, Greek salad (a version of fattoush), Lebanese rice and pita bread.
I decided to cook because a girl can't even read the newspaper in peace....
She thinks she's so smart; she didn't even realize she was reading upside down....
Another very good day. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Oh geez!! We have to quit blogging about food. It is 4:30 pm PST and I want to have dinner at your house. Ours is not so bad tonight (steak, mushroom ravioli (not homemade), sauteed spinach, sauteed peppers) but I still have to cook it. Aaarrgghhh!!

Louise