Monday, January 26, 2009

More Friends, More Food...

Sunday was another day of entertainment; Jean's friend Renate and her son Florian came for dinner. I made a pot of beans (frijoles), some Spanish rice and fresh salsa. This with other fixings brought together a Mexican dinner of traditional burritos--something not very common here in Vienna. Earlier in the week Florian celebrated his 15th birthday so while I was making the Spanish rice, Jean was baking up a beautiful chocolate layer cake. Her kitchen is quite small so between Jean, Shadow, and myself, we danced through our preparations.
Jean's very beautiful and yummy cake! (Note: the plate is from a set that Kim and I gave Jean as a thank you for having us these many times gift. They came from the Alessandria chocolate festival this past October. This is what we had in mind when we bought them!)
After our meal, time for a little siesta....
New friends; what a great world...

Later that evening, I decided to do my little "upkeep" workout. Since I don't have gym access, I've tried to do a bit of stretching, sit ups, push ups, etc. Jean has given me a sheet that in my mind is supposed to be a dog free zone. (The cans are my weights--hey! I am serious here.)
It finally did occur to me that it doesn't hurt to have a trainer for some direction and feedback.
Another very good day. Thank you.

No comments: