Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Just Living in Vienna....

Yesterday it was a cold, stormy day and we caught the tram to go babysit for one of Jean's American friends: Rebecca and her daughter Maya.
Inside of the tram. Transportation services in Vienna are a dream. Subway system, trams, and buses. Everything runs on time and every few minutes. One can get anywhere fairly quickly and it is very easy to live here and not own a car.
Rebecca and Maya, a future multi-tasker in the making.
Jean cannot go anywhere without the company of a dog.
Lucky me; someone new and interesting. Jean had the nerve to be jealous.
More fun and popularity.
Jean gets her chance...
But then she was exhausted and decided to take a therapeutic moment.
Today is a new day and it is snowing! Beautiful sight for the girl who has no where to be....
Not too bad for Shadow either.
Tomorrow morning (Friday) at 4:30 AM we leave to catch the bus for the airport. We fly to Amsterdam and then wait a few hours for Kim who will be arriving from Seattle. We have four nights in Amsterdam--a new adventure is coming! Thank you.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

And thank YOU! Rachel, you have no idea how much I enjoy your blog. Your lovely photos and descriptions make it so present for me. I wish you were cooking for me! Lebanese too?? Who knew? I enjoy your spirit of discovery, how you relish in your everyday living wherever you go, and your energy in all that you do. And this tour is much more than just Italy, as if that wasn't enough. Hi to Jean, if she remembers me! And I hope Kim's travels are going well (so bittersweet). Cheers to you, and thanks for the blog -- it makes my day!
Barbara C (in icy Arlington, MA)